Novack and Macey LLP attorneys represent business owners who need a “business divorce” from their co-owners or partners. We understand theses disputes are not just about money and often involve a vast amount of emotions for people with close relationships whose common interests have diverged to a critical point. These cases are complex and often involve numerous disciplines including:
- The substantive law (both statutes and case-law) on the dissolution of corporations, LLCs and partnerships
- Business valuation methods, which come into play in fair value proceedings, where a “buy-out price” is determined by an arbitrator or judge
- Accounting and tax basics, because a company’s financial statements and tax returns may not reflect the company’s true value
We represent clients in:
- Business disputes in federal and state courts and arbitration proceedings
- Business divorce claims, and litigation for majority owners and substantial minority investors in private companies
For more information, please contact a Novack and Macey “business divorce” attorney.